A charming smile cannot be compared to anything. A person immediately disposes to himself in communication. It is rare that the whiteness of the teeth is a genetic predetermination. More often teeth are several shades darker than white. Smoking, drinking tea or coffee aggravates the situation.
Advances in medicine make it possible to perform teeth whitening procedures both in the dental clinic and at home. Let's look at this issue.
In the clinic, whitening is performed with products with a high concentration of hydrogen peroxide - from 35%. They, depending on the desired degree of whitening, are applied layer by layer to the cleaned teeth. The number of applications is individual and depends on many factors.
Special teeth whitening strips are used at home.
Teeth whitening strips - what is it
These are flexible and lightweight polymer plates with a layer of active substance - gel. A composition based on hydrogen peroxide H2O2 is used as an activator. This compound penetrates the tooth enamel and breaks down the darkening pigments.
Unlike dental procedures in the clinic, the strips contain a lower percentage of peroxide - from 10% and more, which allows using this method of enamel cleaning for a long time.
Modern preparations do not contain peroxide in native form, but in the composition of urea - hydroperite. This reduces the negative effect of peroxide on the enamel. Fluorine halogen compounds are used as an "assistant" in enamel restoration, ie, when carbamide peroxide interacts, the pigments that determine the color of the enamel are destroyed, and the oxidative effect of peroxide is compensated by fluorine.
- Convenient whitening at home;
- Peroxide concentration, gentle enamel;
- Course application, which allows you to visually set the end of whitening;
- Inexpensive whitening option compared to clinical methods;
- Longer-lasting whitening effect.
- There are contraindications;
- Preparation of the dental cavity is required;
- Home whitening should be combined with monitoring visits to the dentist;
- If you wear resin or metal dentures or crowns, they are removed before whitening.
- If dentures or crowns, with the exception of metal ones, have a predetermined degree of whiteness, whitening of healthy teeth can imbalance the shades.
- Sometimes the whitening effect may not appear.
Whitening strips for sensitive teeth
Almost every series of the dental strip strips presented above has a separate set for sensitive teeth. This is due to the gentle action of carbamide peroxide on the tooth enamel.
Owners of this type of teeth should be careful about whitening and consult a dentist about the appropriateness of such procedures.
How to Use Teeth Whitening Strips
Before starting the course, it is necessary to carry out hygienic treatment of teeth in the clinic. This is not brushing your teeth with toothpaste or removing food debris with dental floss. The dentist examines the oral cavity, gum condition, removes calculus and plaque.
If there is extensive caries or fillings, you should check their condition. If you have a tendency to extensive caries, the whitening procedure should not be performed, as you will harm the enamel, thinning it. After cleansing procedures, the doctor recommends or forbids the procedure.
If you carry out whitening without consulting a dentist, you can aggravate diseases of the teeth and gums, cause irreparable harm. Without cleaning the teeth from calculus and plaque, the whitening effect may not be achieved.
Step-by-step teeth whitening with strips:
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Before the procedure and carry out oral hygiene.
- Remove the protective layer from each of the two strips and press it tightly, depending on the effect of the procedure, to the upper and lower jaw. The smoother and tighter the strips are on the teeth, the better the effect can be achieved during each procedure.
- Keep the strips for time, according to the instructions.
- Carefully remove each strip and rinse your mouth thoroughly and repeatedly.
- The procedure can be repeated if necessary.
- Repetition of the full course is possible no earlier than six months or a year later, depending on the individual characteristics of the teeth.
Where to Buy Teeth Whitening Strips
Like any drug of a medical nature, it is advisable to purchase this tool in dentistry. In this case, the dentist will advise and select individually bleaching strips. Also, products of this range can be sold in special pharmacies.
You can purchase products on the manufacturer's website. Care must be taken not to get to a duplicate site that duplicates the real site. On the packaging of the drug there is always a link to the manufacturer's website.
Never buy funds that are clearly underpriced. Quality whitening strips cannot be cheap. If you see such an offer, it is most likely a fake.
Do Teeth Whitening Strips Help
For most users with healthy, strong teeth and gums, strips help restore teeth whiteness or make them a few shades lighter. This procedure is simple, does not require skills and is performed at any time.
Teeth whitening strips - doctors' opinions
Doctors have a positive attitude to these procedures, subject to preliminary examination and control of the bleaching process. If there are contraindications, it is better not to perform this procedure.
Harm and contraindications of teeth whitening strips
Despite the aesthetic effect of whitening, the complex of procedures is contraindicated:
- children under 18;
- pregnant women;
- people with diseases such as asthma, allergies to certain drugs;
- people with a large number of fillings, weak gums, dentures, extensive caries.