Everyone dreams of perfectly white smile, but to achieve this not so simple. The exact hygiene of the oral cavity and regular visits to the dentist are not always helps to save tooth enamel, which in the result of the impact of food and pathogenic organisms appear dark spots. To restore a white smile is possible only with the help of whitening procedures, which often involves the use of hydrogen peroxide.
Not everyone can afford to spend a whitening in the dental office, so hoping to find a white smile used traditional methods. Soda, activated carbon and hydrogen peroxide are most often used at home for teeth whitening. Unfortunately, often after using traditional methods it is necessary to spend considerable financial resources for the further restoration of teeth and damaged enamel.
Important! Before using any remedies for teeth whitening you need to visit a healthcare professional to eliminate the risk of possible complications.
Hydrogen peroxide is a colorless liquid with a metallic taste, which is a good solvent. In medicine it is used 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide. He is used to whiten teeth at home for the treatment of some inflammatory pathologies of the oral cavity.
The whitening effect is achieved by releasing active oxygen. The active ingredient breaks down organic matter, allowing you to lighten teeth a few shades. When this drug is used for 10 days without a break.
Important! Home teeth whitening with hydrogen peroxide is possible only on a 1-2 pitch. Professional teeth whitening brightens enamel by 6-10 shades.
However, the procedure of whitening the peroxide is not as painless and simple as it might seem at first glance. Its consequence may be the thinning of the enamel and increase its porosity. In the presence of caries and other pathologies of the oral cavity may require prolonged and costly follow-up treatment.
The effect on tooth enamel
Was conducted a lot of research on the impact of hydrogen peroxide on tooth enamel. In the course of their been established:
- Bleached with hydrogen peroxide enamel losing calcium faster than that are not exposed to the chemical element.
- On the enamel surface as the result of microscopic studies revealed a shallow indentation and erosion.
- Prolonged bleaching leads to dullness and porosity of the teeth.
- Occurs a slight decrease of the microhardness of the tooth, which is recovering fast enough.
- It is possible to reduce the degree of Association of enamel and fillings.
The effect of hydrogen peroxide on the enamel can not be called positive, but rare and correct application of the solution, its impact will be negligible. The increased porosity of the teeth and the occurrence of microcrack possible after any kind of whitening, even performed in dentistry.
Important! In order to reduce the negative impact of hydrogen peroxide on the enamel during brushing, you must use fluoride toothpaste and a soft brush.
Methods of use
There are several ways to use hydrogen peroxide. The solution used for rinsing the mouth, add toothpaste and make it the basis of gadgets. To be sure to whiten your teeth this chemical element will have to spend a lot of effort, because the contact time of the active substance enamel is quite small.
Important! During hygiene procedures in any case can not swallow the solution and the released saliva.
After application of hydrogen peroxide it is forbidden to eat and drink for half an hour. As in other types of whitening, you must give up coffee, tea and Smoking, which can cause reverse the darkening of teeth. If thin enamel and the presence of caries whitening procedure is preferably carried out only after a visit to the dentist.
The most common whitening methods:
- Clean your teeth toothpaste with high fluoride content. Then within a few minutes, rinse your mouth with diluted hydrogen peroxide with water in a ratio of 1:1. The resulting solution may start to foam a little, which is dangerous. The rate of tooth whitening is 10 days. A day hydrogen peroxide used 2 times.
- The second method of teeth whitening can only be used for healthy tooth enamel. It gives a more pronounced result, but can adversely affect tooth enamel and cause increased sensitivity. You need to take a small amount of water and add a few drops of hydrogen peroxide to the resulting composition resembled a paste, which is applied with a brush and allowed to stand for a few minutes. This was followed by rinsing with water and brushing their teeth toothpaste with high fluoride content. The rate of application is 7 days.
- Mix 1 part hydrogen peroxide and 3 parts water. The resulting solution add salt and soda in equal amounts and mixed thoroughly, the composition was fluid enough. Rinse your mouth for several minutes, then brush your teeth with a soft brush.
Important! Each teeth whitening procedure must be terminated by rinsing the mouth with warm water.
To whiten teeth need the utmost care, making sure that it will not cause unpleasant allergic reactions. Before use the solution is applied to the back of the hand for a short period of time and in case of burning, swelling or irritation refuse the application. Absolute contraindications to bleaching are:
- The age of 12.
- The period of pregnancy.
- Allergic reaction or individual intolerance.
- Deep wounds and ulcers in the mouth.
- Damage to the gums.
- Increased sensitivity teeth.
In order for the whitening procedure produced a positive result, before its implementation visit the dentist. Only a doctor will be able to assess the overall condition of the mouth and damage the enamel. Indeed, the presence of the microcrack and the increased porosity of the teeth are contraindications for the procedure.
To bleaching gave a positive result, it is necessary to follow simple rules. These include:
- Use only fresh hydrogen peroxide.
- Do not apply mortar more than 14 days.
- To clean the teeth at least 2 times a day.
During the teeth whitening and after treatment for 10 days must adhere to a special diet that eliminates the "coloring" products. It is strictly forbidden:
- Tea, coffee and wine.
- Beets and carrots.
- Blueberries, blackberries and strawberries.
- Other products with composition dye.