One way or another, but the situation is when the gums bleed, should be cause for concern later, and promptly recommended the treatment to the dentist.
Why gums bleed?
Symptom of diseases of the oral cavity - bleeding gums in most cases of inflammation (gingivitis, periodontitis), or other types of lesions (periodontal disease).
Infection of the teeth and periodontal tissues as a result of violations of the rules of hygiene or the background of developing oral disease infectious microflora quickly strikes favorable sites, thereby developing bleeding gums.
Violation of hygiene of the oral cavity - a rare hygienic procedures or for other reasons insufficient cleansing of the tooth surface from plaque sooner or later turns into Tartar, and this is the reason for the inflammatory processes in the oral cavity, against which and bleeding gums.
Too intense cleaning teeth - an alternative to the above mentioned problem, however, is no less dangerous. The choice is too hard bristles, careless use of dental floss and excessive enthusiasm in cleaning teeth leads to mechanical damage of the gums and if the problem recurs often, again can cause inflammation.
Dentures and other dental procedures - in this case the gums bleed as a side effect, or at a certain stage of treatment, which is eliminated with the passage of time.
Diseases of the blood and connective tissue - leukemia, scurvy, and various disorders of coagulation, and in some therapies, the use of drugs thin the blood in overwhelming number of cases is the reason that gums bleed.
Beriberi chronic deficiency of vitamins, particularly K, may among others result in bleeding gums.
Hormonal disorders during pregnancy - pregnant woman's body undergoes a variety of restructuring, which among other things can respond to increased bleeding gums. After delivery, the problem is usually self-liquidation.
The teething of deciduous or permanent (indigenous) teeth - when the gums bleed in children is characteristic of these processes to age it is important to observe hygienic norms.
Because the gums bleed due to the variety of reasons, and the elimination of the problem lies in the elimination of the root causes, the necessary is an extremely complex diagnosis in the office of a professional dentist. Wondering why you have bleeding gums , a dentist treats a lot of reasons, from systemic diseases of the organism and infectious lesions of the oral cavity to the individual characteristics of the organism and the patient's compliance with oral hygiene. A comprehensive diagnosis is feasible in the dental office, can not be complete without information about other symptoms, developing in parallel, as bleeding gums.
Symptoms of gum problems
First of all, it is necessary to note the differences between the three main diseases of the oral cavity, which most often bleeding gums.
Periodontal disease - systemic failure of tissue called the periodontium. Periodontal disease - a fairly rare disease in which acute pronounced signs of gingival inflammation are absent, and do not form pockets. The gums acquire a pale shade, and the teeth are prone to excessive accumulation of plaque and as a consequence to the formation of Tartar.
Periodontitis - a disease manifested by the inflammatory process in periodontal tissues, gums including. Unlike periodontal disease, periodontitis is more common, since the defeat of the fabric in no time accompanied by inflammation and progressive destruction of the structure of the alveolar process of the jaw. With periodontitis the gum line forming pathological pockets, they often become a source of purulent secretions and, of course, a hotbed of infectious inflammatory process.
Gingivitis - gum disease, which is manifested in the same inflammation, but without compromising the integrity of the connection. Complication of gingivitis is called periodontitis is higher, because the inflammation, easily susceptible to infections, and the lack of timely and effective treatment addresses the progress in the development and complication of condition of the oral cavity.
When gums bleed , the patient usually experiences and observes the following signs of disease:
- redness of the gums - before they develop bleeding and in parallel with it;
- redness and bleeding not only during teeth brushing, but before and after such procedures;
- discomfort in the gums - this may be a slight discomfort, itching and palpable pain;
- unpleasant sensations in the gums particularly keenly felt by the bite of solid food and strong closing of the jaws;
- swelling and swelling of the gums;
- the formation of periodontal pockets, very deep holes between the teeth and gums;
- loosening of the teeth - sometimes teeth are loose so that they can intentionally move the finger;
- the formation on the surface of the teeth Tartar, deposits, unnatural color;
- the appearance of unpleasant mouth odor that returns shortly after brushing your teeth;
- "the omission of the" gums - a significant defect in the gums, the cause of which is large accumulation of Tartar and the presence of periodontal pockets.
The danger of bleeding gums: what it is?
At first glance it may seem that bleeding gums does not entail anything other than short-term discomfort, however, is misleading.
Isolated cases of bleeding gums are to be "beacons of the future", as already developed the disease:
- bleeding may indicate a susceptibility to gum diseases or already in established disease;
- bleeding may develop due to common diseases such as leukemia, or blood clotting.
Inflamed and bleeding gums become a hotbed of infection, and thus predisposing to the disease the following factors:
- gastrointestinal disorders;
- cancer, in particular pancreatic cancer;
- predisposition to heart attack and stroke;
- predisposition to diabetes mellitus.
Persistent bleeding of the gums in the overwhelming number of cases indicates the development in the oral cavity, gingivitis , of which there are several varieties:
- catarrhal gingivitis is manifested with redness and swelling of the gums, often the teeth are formed various structures of the sediments; when brushing your teeth inflammation develops even more, gums are bleeding, chronic form of catarrhal gingivitis is characterized by intense redness of the gingival epithelium;
- hyperplastic gingivitis - result of endocrine disorders in the body that can occur in adolescents, pregnant women, patients with diabetes mellitus individuals; the disease is manifested in the increase of the papillae and the formation of false periodontal pockets, bleeding and festering, unpleasant smell from the mouth;
- ulcerative gingivitis - most often a complication of catarrhal, symptoms increase itching, ulceration and swelling of the gums, bleeding gums when brushing your teeth or when you bite food.
This kind of disease is usually not accompanied by deterioration of General health, however, in certain cases, against the background of gum disease can increase the body temperature, to deteriorate the digestive processes, to decrease the overall health of the person and to feel the weakness, the "pain" of the body.
The risk factors for gingivitis include:
- violation of oral hygiene of the mouth;
- immunosuppressive condition;
- the lack of access to adequate dental care.
- malnutrition and nutrient deficiencies;
- the deposition of Tartar;
- age 3 to 6 years, and periods or state of hormonal changes (diabetes, pregnancy);
- a deficiency of vitamin C;
- SARS, flu, sore throat, AIDS, tuberculosis and other diseases;
- poisoning of the body by heavy metals (mercury, bismuth, lead);
- the use of oral contraceptives;
- malocclusion and dental procedures for their elimination;
- problem fillings;
- violation of nasal breathing.
How to treat bleeding gums?
For a person faced with the problem of bleeding gums, there is an algorithm basic steps:
- contact your dentist for professional assistance and competent advice;
- the use of braces or dentures, which increases the likelihood of bleeding gumsshould not embark on the course, and regularly monitored by the attending physician, who must report any discomfort, including pain and bleeding in the gums;
- after each meal rinse the mouth with water and adding sea salt and/or sodium; an alternative option may be a surface treatment of the teeth and gums with a cotton swab dipped in hydrogen peroxide;
- you need to eliminate the use of alcohol-containing liquids for rinsing the oral cavity, because it can be a catalyst for problems;
- to stop the bleeding will help the gauze pads soaked in ice water, or cloth wrapped ice cube;
- you need to perform (preferably with professional help) your lifestyle and intake of vitamins, perhaps that's the problem and appropriate vitamin therapy;
- special attention deserve a professional dentist who develops bleeding gums due to hormonal changes, as well as children, when they cut dairy and molars.
Pharmaceuticals from bleeding gums
The pharmaceutical industry to solve the problem of bleeding gums offers a wide array antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, soothing the lining of the funds. Most often it is the solutions for rinsing or basis for such. Dentist patient with this category of problems may prescribe treatment-and-prophylactic toothpaste, special accessories for cleaning teeth and specific varieties of toothbrushes. Before application of each drug you must read the instructions for use, dosage and contraindications. In the framework of self-medication these drugs is not recommended.
Traditional recipes from bleeding gums
Folk medicine offers a variety of ways to overcome bleeding gums, however, such it is best used as a complement to traditional therapy appointed professional doctor. Typically, traditional methods do not entail dangerous consequences, however, are not always effective, for example, in the case of the complex nature of the disease. Traditional recipes from bleeding gums have antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory action. Popular the following recipes:
- a decoction of oak bark - 3-4 tsp. of oak bark pour 200-250 ml of water and bring to a boil, cooling to room temperature, strain and use to rinse the mouth 2-3 times a day for several weeks; the oak bark has an astringent effect and strengthens the gums;
- decoction of sage and 2-3 tbsp of the herb sage pour 500 ml of boiling water and boil on slow fire for 15 minutes, then cool, strain and use to rinse the mouth several times a day or after each meal;
- chamomile tea - 1 tbsp. l. chamomile flowers pour a glass of boiling water, cover and leave for 20-30 minutes in a warm place, then leave to cool and strain; use to rinse the mouth after brushing your teeth for two weeks;
- tincture of rose hips - 2 tbsp wild rose petals (or roses) pour a Cup of alcohol and insist in a dark place for 8-10 days; the resulting infusion in the amount of 1 teaspoon to add to a glass of purified water and use to rinse the mouth.
Vitamins from bleeding gums
Bleeding gums may indicate a deficiency in b vitamins as well as vitamins A, C, E and K. In this case, the gums become loose, acquire an unnatural hue, faint. Vitamin therapy in this case is established by results of the conducted analyses and is a component of the General complex of treatment procedures.
Prevention of bleeding gums
Bleeding gums is a problem, which is rather easy to prevent, so as not to compete with the arisen difficulties. Preventive measures in this case are as follows:
- regular visit to the dental office twice a year, even in the absence of visible problems with gums and teeth need to go to the dentist, who will examine the oral cavity and may find approaching your problem; here you can also professionally clean the teeth from accumulated formations;
- careful oral hygiene at home - is necessary for cleaning teeth accessories, than again-it is better to consult a doctor (this is true for problem teeth or dentures dentures), not always because tooth brushing may be restricted to one tooth-brush; after every meal the mouth should be at least rinsed with clean water;
- balanced diet - this includes eating routine, where it is better to avoid spontaneous snacking, and consumption of healthy foods rich in nutrients and vitamins, with a minimum intake of sugars, salts, preservatives;
- the rejection of bad habits, particularly Smoking - tobacco use has a negative impact on the body, but primarily on the condition of the mouth, through which it penetrates inside.
One of the important constituents for the prevention of bleeding gums is the choice of toothbrush, because it is a violation of the rules of hygiene of the oral cavity may lead to isolated cases of bleeding, as it is the basis of more complex gum disease.
Mechanical injury to the gums toothbrush occurs when the latter contains too stiff bristles or manipulate it too sharp and careless. The basic rule of using a toothbrush is to change them every 3-4 months, otherwise the brush becomes a source of pathogenic bacteria, and the bristles wear out her order. A likely source of bacteria may be to brush with natural bristles and not synthetic. The modern range is full of different models of brushes, among which you can choose brushes with bristles of varying stiffness. For normal teeth without noticeable problems it is recommended to brush with bristles of medium stiffness. They are sufficiently clean teeth and the spaces between them from the RAID, and the furrow from remaining pieces of food. For gums prone to bleeding, it is recommended that preventive and curative brush with multi-level field. To persons suffering from periodontitis and bleeding gums, it is recommended to apply special technique of cleaning teeth, what more is necessary to inquire of the attending physician.